United Bankers' Bank
United Bankers’ Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Manager in our Lending department. This individual will focus on credit underwriting of prospective and existing client relationships and actively participate in the credit approval process. They will ensure that loan portfolios adhere to existing policies and regulatory specifications. The Portfolio Manager works in a team setting with Lenders and Credit Officers and is responsible for an assigned book of business. Candidates should have exceptional credit, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
• Analyzes and underwrites commercial customers and credit products that include commercial real estate, commercial and industrial businesses, agriculture, bank holding companies and their subsidiary banks and individuals.
• Possesses considerable knowledge of credit policies, credit analysis, procedures and philosophy.
• Structures various types of commercial credit and evaluates collateral with respect to value, marketability and control.
• Provides ongoing administration of an assigned loan portfolio including review of the financial and business status of the borrower and recommends risk rating changes when appropriate.
• Supervises the loan renewal cycle and works with the Lender to facilitate credit approval and loan documentation as needed.
• Conducts annual reviews as part of ongoing portfolio monitoring.
• Resolves credit problems, delinquent payment issues and other related affairs.
• Monitors loan covenants to ensure compliance and follows up on any covenant violations.
• Develops strong relationships and ensures prompt communication with client banks and borrowers via written and verbal correspondence.
• Verifies that loan bookings directly correlate with the terms of the approval.
• Assists Credit Administration management in preparing reports on loan portfolio metrics.
• Serves as a mentor to assist junior Credit team members in their professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field with formal credit training or MBA
• 5 – 10 years of experience in credit administration activities
• Previous experience as a Portfolio Manager in a Commercial Banking setting
• Demonstrated financial and risk analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical aptitude
• Problem solving and presentation skills
How to Apply: