First Bank & Trust
SBA Lending Manager
This person is responsible for all aspects of Small Business Administration Lending; in addition to managing a team of SBA Officers who are generating SBA loans that will provide profitability to the Bank with minimum risk. Emphasis is placed on credit quality, loan performance and client and business line profitability.
1. Lead the team and develop an atmosphere of teamwork, open communication and unity. Provide oversight of all services offered. Actively mentor staff and ensure they are trained, evaluated, and motivated to perform their responsibilities in an effective and progressive manner.
2. Identify and develop new SBA loan opportunities by contacting prospects, existing customers and centers of influence while making sound decisions and exhibiting good credit judgment.
3. Service and administer the SBA loan portfolio in accordance with the SBA Loan Policies and Underwriting Guidelines. Interview loan applicants, collect and analyze financial data to determine the feasibility of the prospect and the merits of the loan request.
4. Sell and cross-sell bank products and services: provide leadership, training and motivation to the SBA Department to promote their interest in selling and cross-selling bank products.
5. Manage the credit portfolio: perform annual collateral inspections to ensure adequate security coverage; on an on-going basis, consider the risk of each loan and assign a corresponding risk rating to the credit; ensure the complete collection of all loans extended by monitoring past-due reports and overdrawn accounts; and utilize legal collection efforts as outlined in the SBA Loan Policy.
6. Attend all loan meetings to participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of SBA Department.
7. Represent the bank at community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social
events. Maintain a proper, responsible citizen stature as a representative of the bank.
8. Attend all meetings as deemed appropriate or directed by the management to keep informed of
industry and financial trends, which may impact the client and/or the bank.
9. Act in accordance with FBT policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
10. Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training.
This person should have a bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of ten years of advanced experience in lending and sales experience or the equivalent. It is necessary that this person be able to professionally and effectively lead a team to achieve strategic decisions and targeted results. This person must be proficient with SBA lending concepts, practices and procedures. This person must possess good communication, marketing, business development, and negotiation skills.
How to Apply: