The Bank of Elk River
Elk River, MN
Mortgage Loan Originator
ABOUT US: At The Bank of Elk River, our passion is people. Our employees, our customers, and our community are the reason we love to come to work each and every day. We know that when people come together with a shared vision, amazing things happen. We are a company of ambitious, tireless people working together to build a better financial future for our customers and our communities.
Being in business for over 135 years means we know what we are doing and we do it well. We are constantly challenging ourselves to deliver better, faster and more meaningful, personalized services. Our customers know our name and we know generations of business owners. We are committed to making a difference in our customers’ lives through our unceasing pursuit of innovation and transcendence.
People join The Bank of Elk River for the opportunity of a new job, but stay because they have found a dynamic, challenging career. Discover what’s possible.
As a Mortgage Loan Originator for The Bank of Elk River, you will be a key producer in our growing mortgage department. Sourcing and building dynamic relationships with clients and key partners such as builders, realtors, and local community leaders is the primary component of this role. To be successful, you must have flexibility, drive, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of federal and state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engages in extensive business development opportunities with realtors and other centers of influence to build mortgage lending relationships.
• Maximizes new and existing customer relationships by cross selling key deposit/fee income products/services based on customer needs. Presents and structures loan products that are in the best interest of the customers.
• Interviews and assists customers in the completion of loan applications in compliance with Bank policy and related mortgage rules and regulatory guidelines.
• Gathers and oversees compilation of all needed information for loan application. Works with mortgage team to request appraisals, applicant credit reports and other information pertinent to evaluation of loan application. Corresponds with applicant to resolve questions.
• Assures timely loan closing and funding activities. Maintains updated loan documentation and loan files.
• Facilitates negotiation with customer, both new and existing, according to established standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination education and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years Mortgage Banking experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with The Bank of Elk River’s “Code of Ethics Policy.” Each employee is also expected to maintain an awareness of the laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate for his/her position. Each employee must also comply with consumer protection laws that relate to his/her position.
How to Apply: