United Bankers' Bank
Chief Financial Officer
United Bankers’ Bank has an exciting opportunity for someone to lead our Financial Control team as Chief Financial Officer. This individual will be responsible for the overall financial plans and policies and their implementation for UBB and its holding Company, UBBI. They will establish, coordinate and maintain an accounting system which properly reflects the financial position of the bank and holding company.
• Directs the establishment and maintenance of a classification system for new and established general ledger accounts.
• Serves as the Cashier for United Bankers' Bank.
• Serves as a liaison between bank and holding company personnel and regulatory authorities in connection with audits and examinations. Disseminates information concerning regulatory changes to management.
• Implements, analyzes and evaluates existing operating procedures, policies, systems and schedules to ensure proper internal controls.
• Directs preparation of budgets based on projected operating costs and the bank’s/holding company’s asset liability management projections.
• Provides counsel to management on financial control and profitability by overseeing the preparation of management control reports that compare actual versus planned budgetary performance.
• Performs analyses on income and expense items to identify the basis for deviations from plan and reviews results with appropriate personnel.
• Provides oversight to determine ways to improve financial performance.
• Oversees liquidity management activities with assistance from other bank staff, including working with the Chief Investment Officer in determining when and where to invest excess funds.
• Coordinates efforts with the bank’s ALM Risk Manager in monitoring and managing interest rate risk.
• Prepares, presents and interprets major financial reports for top management and the Board.
• Reviews and approves all bank and holding company operating expenditures.
• Supervises the accounting, fiscal reporting, budgeting and financial analysis functions for the bank and holding company.
• Manages Financial Control team.
• Manages short- and long-range financial planning for the bank and holding company.
• Administers allotted funds in accordance with the budget and approved fiscal procedures and recommends capital expenditures for planning and development of bank and holding company.
• Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
• Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
• Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• MBA, CPA, or CFA designation preferred
• 8+ years of experience in financial management required
• Working knowledge in corporate structures, tax issues and regulatory processes
• Excellent management and supervisory skills
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Windows, MS Office, Microsoft Edge
• Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detailed knowledge of accounting rules and procedures and use good judgment in exercising authority
• Cooperates with other bank/holding company personnel, contributes ideas and keeps a positive attitude while conducting the job
How to Apply: